These were fantastic! It made a TON of sauce.
Goat Cheese-Stuffed Jalapeños with Ranchero Sauce
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
Prepare the sauce up to two days ahead, and chill. Grill the jalapeños a day in advance, and refrigerate. Stuff and bake them just before serving.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed jalapeño, 1/3 cup sauce, and 1 tortilla)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 126
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Carbohydrate: 17.2g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 283mg
- Calcium: 75mg
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 (15-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- Cooking spray
- 10 large jalapeño peppers (about 4 inches long)
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 corn tortillas, warmed according to package directions
- 1. To prepare sauce, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup water and next 5 ingredients (through tomato sauce). Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Uncover and simmer 5 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 3. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add jalapeños to pan; cook 9 minutes or until tender and blackened, turning occasionally. Cut a lengthwise slit in each jalapeño; discard stems, seeds, and membranes.
- 4. Combine cream cheese and next 3 ingredients (through 1 garlic clove). Fill each jalapeño with about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture. Place jalapeños on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 7 minutes or until warm. Serve with tortillas and sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This