Made cream cheese-and-olive pecan bites, goat cheese-stuffed dates and baked pimiento cheese for a gathering of friends. Everything presented very nicely but at the end of the evening the dates and pecan bites were hardly touched. The baked pimiento cheese was gone!
Goat Cheese-Stuffed Dates
Goat cheese and dates have been long-time friends in the culinary world. This appetizer requires very little work, and the sweet-and-savory flavor combination is guaranteed to satisfy a crowd.
Yield: 8 Servings
Cost per Serving: $.63
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 88
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Sodium: 93mg
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 16 dried dates, each cut in half, pits removed
- Combine goat cheese, garlic, parsley and salt in a medium bowl and mash with a fork until blended.
- Spoon a heaping teaspoon of cheese mixture into each split date. Serve dates immediately or refrigerate, covered, for up to 2 hours, then bring to room temperature and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note