These came together so quickly since I chopped everything the night before. The salad is a 'must make'. It's probably one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted. The eggrolls were good too--the fiance said the goat cheese was a little much for him after a while (not a huge fan of goat cheese) but I thought they were delish. Instead of an appetizer, we just had 2 or 3 eggrolls each with the salad on the side. I don't know if I would make them for a party but I did freeze them so you may be able to make ahead of time and just cook beforehand.
Goat Cheese Spring Rolls with Asian Pear Salad
This appetizer is a specialty at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa in Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico. In this recipe, Asian flavors spark locally made goat cheese. For the crispest rolls, be sure to serve immediately after baking.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 171
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 5.7g
- Carbohydrate: 30.3g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 267mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 2 cups sliced Asian pear or ripe pear
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Spring rolls:
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 1/2 cups vertically sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 1/2 cups red bell pepper, cut into (1/4-inch) strips
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet red chile sauce
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) goat cheese, crumbled
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- Cooking spray
- To prepare salad, combine first six ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- To prepare spring rolls, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots, 1 1/2 cups red onion, green onions, mushroom, and 1 1/2 cups red bell pepper; sauté 3 minutes or until slightly tender. Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce and chile sauce. Cool 5 minutes. Stir in cheese.
- Working with 1 egg roll wrapper at a time (cover remaining wrappers to prevent drying), spoon about 1/3 cup vegetable mixture into center of each wrapper. Fold lower right corner over vegetable mixture; fold lower left and top right corners over vegetable mixture. Moisten top left corner with water; roll up jelly-roll fashion. Coat spring rolls with cooking spray; place rolls, seam sides down, on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 18 minutes or until golden brown, turning rolls over halfway through baking time. Cut rolls crosswise at an angle; serve immediately with salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note