This is always popular at parties and easy to make a day ahead. Stuffed leftover in chicken breast was also delicious
Goat Cheese Spread
Layer pesto, sun-dried tomato, and a mixture of goat cheese and cream cheese for an impressive appetizer with Mediterranean flavors. Serve with French bread slices or crackers.
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 cup dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- Garnishes: dried tomato slivers, fresh oregano sprigs
- French bread slices or crackers
- Process first 5 ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Spread one-third of cheese mixture in bottom of a plastic wrap-lined 8- x 4-inch loafpan. Top with pesto; spread one-third cheese mixture over pesto. Sprinkle with dried tomatoes; top with remaining cheese mixture. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Invert spread onto a serving plate, discarding plastic wrap. Garnish, if desired. Serve with French bread slices or crackers.
To garnish as in our photo, cut one dried tomato into slivers. Gently press fresh oregano sprigs and tomato slivers in a decorative pattern over the top of the cheese after it is inverted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This