Tasty and pretty easy, though I think it would have been better with the cheese olive mixture on both pieces of bread.
Goat Cheese and Roasted Pepper Panini
The sweetness of roasted red bell peppers is an ideal foil to the pungency of the goat cheese and kalamata olives. Serve this hearty veggie sandwich with Melon Chillers.
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 6 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 477
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 6.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 20.1g
- Carbohydrate: 69.3g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Iron: 4.9mg
- Sodium: 1198mg
- Calcium: 174mg
- 1 (3-ounce) package goat cheese, softened
- 12 pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 8 (2-ounce) slices sourdough bread
- 16 basil leaves
- 2 cups spring mix greens
- 1 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers
- Cooking spray
- 1. Combine cheese and olives in a small bowl, stirring until well blended. Spread about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture evenly over each of 4 bread slices. Divide basil leaves, greens, and bell pepper into fourths; arrange evenly over cheese mixture on each bread slice. Top with remaining 4 bread slices.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sandwiches to pan. Cover with a sheet of foil; top with a heavy skillet. Cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn sandwiches over; replace foil and skillet. Cook 3 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note