The best twice baked potatoes ever. Great flavor combination!
Caramelized Onion, Bacon, and Goat Cheese Potato Filling
Caramelized Onion, Bacon, and Goat Cheese Potato Filling delivers a great flavor combination for Twice-Baked Potatoes.
This recipe goes with Twice-Baked Potatoes Four Ways
More From Southern Living
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 (4-oz.) goat cheese log, softened
- 8 cooked and crumbled bacon slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Twice-Baked Potatoes Four Ways
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and sugar, and sauté 10 to 12 minutes or until caramelized. Stir in sherry, and cook 1 minute or until liquid evaporates, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Stir together onion mixture, goat cheese, bacon, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir into potato pulp as directed in Twice-Baked Potatoes Four Ways.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note