Goat Cheese Polenta
Creamy soft polenta with butter and goat cheese. For more flavor, I substitute half the water with chicken stock and a little milk. I also added garlic.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 1/2 cup(s) Onions chopped
- 4 cup(s) Water
- 1 cup(s) Yellow cornmeal
- 5 ounce(s) Goat cheese
- 2 tablespoon(s) Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 pinch(s) Lemon zest (optional)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add Onions, cook stirring until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add 3 cups water, stir and bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, stir together 1 cup water and yellow cornmeal.
- Gradually stir in cornmeal mixture into the boiling water, reduce heat to low, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until cornmeal is very thick and leave the side of the pan as it is stirred, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt and cheeses.
- You can add a pinch of lemon zest to cut the tang of the goat cheese if you prefer.
- (it will thicken up as it cools)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Melfish and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note