Goat Cheese with Peppers and Almonds
The balance of sweet, spicy, and salty flavors makes this an excellent appetizer to pair with a variety of wines. Tangy-sweet little red Peppadew peppers are key to the flavor combo.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 140
- Calories from fat: 76%
- Protein: 5.3g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 151mg
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- 8 ounces log fresh goat cheese (chevre)
- 5 Peppadew peppers*, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 20 Marcona almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Slice cheese into rounds about 1/2 in. thick, dipping the knife into hot water between slices and wiping it clean. Arrange slices on a plate and sprinkle with peppers, almonds, and oregano leaves. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with crackers.
- *Find in the olive bar at well-stocked grocery stores.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine