This was easy to make and fabulous to bring to a party because it did not require heating. I used sourdough bread (because I am totally addicted to it) but it was too heavy of a bread for these sandwiches. Next time i would be sure to use some kind of airy light bread. The guests at the party raved about them anyway.
Goat Cheese-Pecan Finger Sandwiches
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Marian Cooper Cairns
Instead of pimiento cheese for your party sandwiches, try this filling of creamy goat cheese and crunchy pecans. These sandwiches are great with wine for a fun night with the girls.
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 14 bread slices, divided
- 1/3 cup red pepper jelly
- Stir together goat cheese, cream cheese, pecans, and parsley. Spread on 7 bread slices. Spread 7 more bread slices with red pepper jelly; top with cheese-covered bread slices. Remove crusts; cut into desired shapes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers