Goat Cheese-Olive Sandwiches
When chilling, cover sandwiches with damp paper towels to keep bread moist. Though we liked very thin white bread slices in our Test Kitchens, Linda prefers sourdough.
Yield: Makes 26 appetizer servings
- 1 (4.25-ounce) can chopped ripe black olives (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese, softened
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 26 slices very thin white bread
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a small bowl until well blended. (The goat cheese mixture can be prepared up to 1 day ahead.)
- Cut 2 rounds out of each bread slice using a 1 1/2-inch round cutter. Spread olive mixture evenly on 1 side of half of bread rounds, top with remaining bread rounds. Roll sides in chopped parsley. Cover and chill 2 hours before serving.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pepperidge Farm Very Thin White Bread Slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers