I thought this was pretty good -- my strawberries didn't have as much flavor as I would have liked, which I think would have made this better. However, I think much of my disappointment came from the fact that I was comparing it to the amazing Grilled Goat Cheese Sandwiches with Fig and Honey; however, they really aren't similar at all. These are much lighter and (without having the expectations I did), quite refreshing and tasty.
Goat Cheese and Strawberry Grilled Cheese
More From Southern Living
- 1 (4-oz.) goat cheese log, softened
- 6 whole grain bread slices
- 4 1/2 teaspoons red pepper jelly
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 6 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups fresh watercress or arugula
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spread goat cheese on 1 side of 3 bread slices. Spread pepper jelly on 1 side of remaining bread slices; layer with strawberries, basil leaves, and watercress. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Top with remaining bread, goat cheese sides down. Cook sandwiches in a large, lightly greased nonstick skillet over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches