Very, very good. The goat cheese, the jelly and berries are a great flavor combination. I will definitely make this again.
Goat Cheese and Strawberry Grilled Cheese
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
Yield: Makes 3 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 (4-oz.) goat cheese log, softened
- 6 whole grain bread slices
- 4 1/2 teaspoons red pepper jelly
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 6 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups fresh watercress or arugula
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spread goat cheese on 1 side of 3 bread slices. Spread pepper jelly on 1 side of remaining bread slices; layer with strawberries, basil leaves, and watercress. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Top with remaining bread, goat cheese sides down. Cook sandwiches in a large, lightly greased nonstick skillet over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This