I really love this meal, but haven't made it as often I would like because of the time required for the dough. I use mache instead of arugula. I love the texture that the cornmeal gives the flatbread. It's suprisingly hearty.
Goat Cheese and Greens Piadine
A piadina, a thin, chewy flatbread cooked over coals, is an ideal vehicle to showcase fresh produce. Our entree version is baked in the oven and then topped with a salad, juicy stone fruit, nuts, and grassy goat cheese.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 421
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 13.2g
- Carbohydrate: 65.6g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 4.6mg
- Sodium: 476mg
- Calcium: 75mg
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 recipe Flatbread Dough
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal, divided
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cups trimmed arugula (about 2 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced ripe plums (about 2)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped unsalted almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Set aside.
- 3. Punch Flatbread Dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes. Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Working with one portion at a time (cover remaining dough), roll each half into a 12-inch circle on a floured surface. Place each dough circle on a baking sheet sprinkled with 1 tablespoon cornmeal. Brush each portion with 1 teaspoon oil, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until crisp.
- 4. Add arugula, plums, and almonds to vinegar mixture; toss gently to coat.
- 5. Remove flatbreads to cutting board; top each with half of arugula mixture and 1/4 cup goat cheese. Cut each piadina in half.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This