- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 recipe Flatbread Dough
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal, divided
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cups trimmed arugula (about 2 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced ripe plums (about 2)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped unsalted almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- calories 421
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- fat 12 g
- satfat 3.1 g
- monofat 6.4 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 13.2 g
- carbohydrate 65.6 g
- fiber 4.2 g
- cholesterol 7 mg
- iron 4.6 mg
- sodium 476 mg
- calcium 75 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Set aside.
Punch Flatbread Dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes. Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Working with one portion at a time (cover remaining dough), roll each half into a 12-inch circle on a floured surface. Place each dough circle on a baking sheet sprinkled with 1 tablespoon cornmeal. Brush each portion with 1 teaspoon oil, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until crisp.
Add arugula, plums, and almonds to vinegar mixture; toss gently to coat.
Remove flatbreads to cutting board; top each with half of arugula mixture and 1/4 cup goat cheese. Cut each piadina in half.