Goat Cheese Custard
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 (5.3-ounce) containers creamy goat cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup almond liqueur
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients until smooth.
- Whisk goat cheese and milk until smooth; add to egg mixture, whisking until smooth. Pour into 4 lightly greased 6-ounce custard cups, and place cups in a 9-inch square pan. Add hot water to pan to depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 325°, and bake 35 minutes or until almost set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Process strawberries, liqueur, and 2 tablespoons sugar in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, pressing with the back of a spoon; discard seeds. Chill. Spoon 1/4 cup strawberry sauce on each serving plate; unmold custards onto plates.
- NOTE: Serve leftover sauce over ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This