My favorite crostini! Wonderful tang, form the flavors of lemon juice and sourdough, and great fresh thyme flavor. The crostini were toasted to perfection - still slightly soft and chewy in the center, but crisp on the edges and perfect for dunking in a bowl of soup. Would use in place of garlic bread with a pasta supper.
Goat Cheese Crostini
This toasted bread is a tangy companion to the bean soup.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 crostini)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 214
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 30.1g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 424mg
- Calcium: 75mg
- 1 (3-ounce) package goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 (1-ounce) slices sourdough bread
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; stir to combine.
- Place bread slices in a single layer on a jelly roll pan. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until toasted. Turn slices over; spread cheese mixture evenly over bread. Bake 5 minutes or until toasted. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers