Very easy to make. Very rich and sweet. brought a batch to a party and they were gone in 15 minutes. lovely desert that I will make again.
Goat Cheese and Chocolate-Stuffed Dates
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Mindi Shapiro
Use a high-quality chocolate bar (such as Scharffen Berger) and soft Medjool dates for the best flavor. Substitute Neufchâtel cheese in place of goat cheese for more sweetness.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 2 stuffed dates)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 65
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 1.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 13.4g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 18mg
- Calcium: 13mg
- 24 whole pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Open the slit in each date; stuff about 1/2 teaspoon goat cheese and about 1/8 teaspoon chocolate inside each date. Close date around filling; press gently to seal. Arrange stuffed dates in a single layer on a platter; sift powdered sugar over dates.
- Note: Refrigerate stuffed dates in an airtight container for up to two days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Goat Cheese and Chocolate-Stuffed Dates Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This