Made this for Father's Day and it was great! Could definitely cut back on the sugar in the berry mixture if you have good, fresh berries. Super cute when served in little jars. My recipe made 8, not 10.
Goat Cheese Cheesecakes with Summer Berries
Photo: Jim Franco; Styling: Scott Martin
Yield: Makes 10 servings
More From Southern Living
Other: 7 Hours, 57 Minutes
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 (0.25-oz.) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4-oz.) goat cheese log
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- Summer Berries
- 1. Stir together graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar, and salt. Divide mixture among 10 (8-oz.) glasses (about 1 heaping tablespoonful each); press mixture onto bottoms of glasses. Chill 30 minutes.
- 2. Sprinkle gelatin over milk in a small saucepan, and let stand 1 minute. Cook milk mixture over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- 3. Beat cream cheese and goat cheese at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer, using whisk attachment, until smooth. Beat in 1/3 cup sugar, lemon zest, and salt. Slowly add milk mixture, beating until combined.
- 4. Beat heavy cream at high speed, using whisk attachment, until soft peaks form. Gently fold into cheese mixture. Divide mixture among glasses (about 1/3 cup each). Cover and chill 6 to 48 hours. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Top with Summer Berries just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note