- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) goat cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) tub-style light cream cheese with chives and onion
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 16 (1/2-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste with Italian herbs
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- calories 50
- fat 1.8 g
- satfat 1.0 g
- protein 2.0 g
- carbohydrate 6.3 g
- cholesterol 3 mg
- iron 0.4 mg
- sodium 144 mg
- caloriesfromfat 33 %
- fiber 0.5 g
- calcium 21 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; mash with a fork until well blended and smooth.
Coat both sides of bread slices with cooking spray; rub each side of bread with garlic halves. Place bread in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until lightly toasted. Turn slices over, and spread about 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese mixture on each slice. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until cheese mixture is warm.
While bruschetta bakes, heat marinara sauce and tomato paste in a small saucepan over medium heat. Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons sauce down center of each bruschetta; sprinkle with basil. Serve immediately.