Goat Cheese-Bacon Dip
Crisp pear slices are the perfect vehicle for this indulgent dip recipe. Creamy goat cheese and salty bacon combine to make a knockout appetizer recipe.
More From Southern Living
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 7 bacon slices, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Pear slices, toasted baguette slices, and assorted crackers
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in single layer in a shallow pan 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 3 minutes.
- 2. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 10 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Add minced garlic to hot drippings, and sauté 1 minute.
- 3. Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add half-and-half, beating until combined. Stir in bacon, garlic, goat cheese, and thyme. Spoon mixture into 4 (1-cup) baking dishes or 1 (1-qt.) baking dish.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Sprinkle with pecans; serve with pear slices, toasted baguette slices, and assorted crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note