Crispy Goat Cheese-Topped Arugula Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Photo: Jim Franco; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
Dip a knife in hot water to get clean slices of cheese.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 50 Minutes
- 4 (4-oz.) goat cheese logs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (5-oz.) containers baby arugula
- 4 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- 1. Cut each goat cheese log into 6 (1/2-inch) slices. Combine flour and pepper in a shallow dish. Whisk together egg whites and 2 Tbsp. water in another shallow dish. Place panko in a third shallow dish. Dredge goat cheese in flour mixture, dip in egg mixture, and dredge in panko. Arrange goat cheese in a single layer in an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan; cover and chill 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- 2. Cook half of goat cheese rounds in 2 Tbsp. hot olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining olive oil and goat cheese rounds.
- 3. Divide arugula and orange sections among 8 plates; drizzle with Pomegranate Vinaigrette. Top each salad with 3 goat cheese rounds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note