used cut up pork chops with this that i cooked in 1.5 cups of water, which made the nice sauce. my child loved !! also added green pepper and onion.
Gnocchi with Turkey, Peas, and Mushrooms
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 383
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 6.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 37.4g
- Carbohydrate: 32.7g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 817mg
- Calcium: 156mg
- Cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen petite green peas, slightly thawed
- 1 (16-ounce) package vacuum-packed gnocchi (such as Vigo)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add garlic and turkey to pan; cook 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, stirring to crumble. Add crushed red and ground red peppers; cook 1 minute. Spoon turkey mixture into a bowl.
- Recoat pan with cooking spray; return pan to medium-high heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and mushrooms to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in peas; cook 1 minute. Stir in turkey mixture; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Cover and set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add gnocchi to pan; cook just until gnocchi begin to float. Drain gnocchi, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Combine turkey mixture, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup cooking liquid, and gnocchi in a large bowl; toss well. Sprinkle with cheese and basil. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes