We love this! An easy weeknight favorite. We usually add diagonally sliced steamed asparagus and serve with salad and garlic bread. YUM!!
Gnocchi with Olive Oil, Tomato, and Parmesan
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 420
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 6.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 9.1g
- Carbohydrate: 61.2g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 692mg
- Calcium: 75mg
- 1 garlic bulb
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 to 12 fresh sage leaves
- 1 (16-ounce) package gnocchi
- 1 (32-ounce) container fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly shaved Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Cut off pointed end of garlic; place garlic on a piece of aluminum foil. Fold foil to seal.
- Bake at 375° for 1 hour; cool. Squeeze pulp from garlic cloves into a bowl, and mash with fork; set aside.
- Stir together oil and sage in a small skillet, and cook over medium-low heat 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant and crisp. Remove leaves, and drain on a paper towel; reserve oil.
- Prepare gnocchi according to package directions, substituting chicken broth for water. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup broth. Add gnocchi and reserved oil to roasted garlic in bowl. Add reserved 1/4 cup chicken broth, chopped tomatoes, and pepper, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and sage leaves; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables