This was fine but not amazing.
Gnocchi with Chicken Sausage, Bell Pepper, and Fennel
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr
Vary the flavor by using a different cheese, such as pecorino Romano.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 342
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 15.9g
- Carbohydrate: 45.4g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 829mg
- Calcium: 155mg
- 1 (16-ounce) package vacuum-packed gnocchi (such as Vigo)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 6 ounces basil, pine nut, and chicken sausage (such as Gerhard's), casing removed and sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) freshly grated Asiago cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Cook the gnocchi according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain the gnocchi in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Keep gnocchi warm.
- 2. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Remove sausage from skillet using a slotted spoon.
- 3. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan. Add fennel, bell pepper, and onion to pan; cook 13 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add sausage, gnocchi, cheese, black pepper, and reserved cooking liquid to pan; cook 1 minute or until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes