This was pretty good. I used more pancetta than the recipe called for. My family tends to prefer the CL Gnocchi with Shrimp, Asparagus, and Pesto recipe from September 2010 just a bit more than this one though.
Gnocchi with Asparagus and Pancetta
Pancetta is cured unsmoked Italian bacon available at the grocery deli counter. It gives this elegant dish a deep, savory note. If you can't find gnocchi, substitute another short pasta.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 277
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 11.2g
- Carbohydrate: 43.7g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 932mg
- Calcium: 110mg
- 1 (16-ounce) package vacuum-packed gnocchi (such as Vigo)
- 2 ounces pancetta, cut into thin strips (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook gnocchi according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Keep warm.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate.
- 3. Add shallots and asparagus to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add gnocchi, pancetta, reserved cooking liquid, juice, salt, and pepper to pan; cook 1 minute. Serve with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note