I used sweet potato gnocchi and added shredded grilled chicken for a little more heartiness. It was delicious!!! The only things I will tweek are adding a little more pancetta & I would cook the gnocchi when all of the other ingredients are done.
Gnocchi with Asparagus and Pancetta
Pancetta is cured unsmoked Italian bacon available at the grocery deli counter. It gives this elegant dish a deep, savory note. If you can't find gnocchi, substitute another short pasta.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 277
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 11.2g
- Carbohydrate: 43.7g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 932mg
- Calcium: 110mg
- 1 (16-ounce) package vacuum-packed gnocchi (such as Vigo)
- 2 ounces pancetta, cut into thin strips (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook gnocchi according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Keep warm.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate.
- 3. Add shallots and asparagus to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add gnocchi, pancetta, reserved cooking liquid, juice, salt, and pepper to pan; cook 1 minute. Serve with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note