I too had the same question about the vege broth. I did add it along with the cream it turned out very good but a little runny. The flavor of the broth was worth the runny sauce. I emailed allyou to clarify the recipe but never got a response. Very disappointed in all you for not responding. We don't like asparagus so I left it out. Since the sauce was more runny, I used extra gnocchi and almost doubled the size of the recipe.
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Elizabeth Blake
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 580
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 74g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Sodium: 773mg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounce button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, warmed
- 1 pound frozen or shelf-stable gnocchi
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1. Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Place asparagus in a bowl and microwave on high until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2. Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, garlic and 1/2 tsp. salt and sauté until mushrooms have given off most of their liquid, about 8 minutes. Add tomatoes and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes longer. Stir in peas and cream, bring to a simmer, and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Cook gnocchi in boiling water until they float, about 5 minutes for frozen and 2 minutes for shelf-stable, or as package label directs. Drain and add to vegetable mixture, along with asparagus. Stir in Parmesan and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with basil and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes