The sauce was good but far too runny to infuse the pasta with enough flavor. Aside from the taste of the vegetables, this recipe came out rather bland.
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Elizabeth Blake
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 580
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 74g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Sodium: 773mg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounce button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, warmed
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth, warmed
- 1 pound frozen or shelf-stable gnocchi
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1. Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Place asparagus in a bowl with 2 Tbsp. water; microwave on high until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2. Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, garlic and 1/2 tsp. salt and sauté until mushrooms have given off most of their liquid, about 8 minutes. Add tomatoes and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes longer. Stir in peas, cream and broth, bring to a simmer, and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Cook gnocchi in boiling water until they float, about 5 minutes for frozen and 2 minutes for shelf-stable, or as package label directs. Drain and add to vegetable mixture, along with asparagus. Stir in Parmesan and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with basil and serve immediately.
Also featured in: All You, April 2013
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This