Gnocchi, Passover style
Community Recipe from
- 5 pound(s) Potatoes
- 3 cup(s) Matzoh meal
- 6 whole(s) Eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 cup(s) potato starch
- Boil potatoes for 45 minutes; run under cold water to cool. The peel should pretty much fall off-- peel all of them and place in a large mixing bowl and mash together with matzoh meal and salt.
- Beat together six eggs and mix in.
- Mix in potato starch until a firm dough is formed.
- "Flour" a cutting board with potato starch.
- Boil 4 quarts of water; prepare a large mixing bowl with ice water and another one that is empty.
- Take a fist size ball of dough. Roll into a long cylinder about 3/4" in diameter.Cut off 1/4" to 1/2" pieces and flatten with a fork.
- Boil them for about 2-5 minutes; they should float. Then place in ice water. Eventually, move to the empty mixing bowl when they sink and cool
- When all are complete, toss with pesto or other sauce; reheat and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by davesnyd and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes