Gnocchi, Passover style
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 pound(s) Potatoes
- 3 cup(s) Matzoh meal
- 6 whole(s) Eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 cup(s) potato starch
- Boil potatoes for 45 minutes; run under cold water to cool. The peel should pretty much fall off-- peel all of them and place in a large mixing bowl and mash together with matzoh meal and salt.
- Beat together six eggs and mix in.
- Mix in potato starch until a firm dough is formed.
- "Flour" a cutting board with potato starch.
- Boil 4 quarts of water; prepare a large mixing bowl with ice water and another one that is empty.
- Take a fist size ball of dough. Roll into a long cylinder about 3/4" in diameter.Cut off 1/4" to 1/2" pieces and flatten with a fork.
- Boil them for about 2-5 minutes; they should float. Then place in ice water. Eventually, move to the empty mixing bowl when they sink and cool
- When all are complete, toss with pesto or other sauce; reheat and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by davesnyd and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note