My whole family really enjoyed this dish! It was so creamy and rich. I used pancetta instead of bacon. Next time I will add some spinach to it. This time I served sauteed spinach on the side. Will definitely make this one again!
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 328
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 14.1g
- Carbohydrate: 47.7g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 726mg
- Calcium: 304mg
- 1 (22-ounce) package gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Add flour, salt, and pepper to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk and broth, stirring with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil; cook until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add Gruyère, chives, and bacon; stir until smooth. Add gnocchi; toss well.
- Spoon mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.
- Wine note: With creamy dishes like this, the texture of the dish is as important as the flavors. A suitably rich and full-bodied white, like Chardonnay, is a good match for the richness of Gruyère and bacon. Try Mezzacorona Chardonnay Vigneti delle Dolomiti 2005 ($8), from the north of Italy. It offers bright, fresh fruit and a touch of buttery flavor to complement the cheese. -Jeffery Lindenmuth
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles