Gluten Free Cornbread Dressing (Stuffing)
Community Recipe from
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1-1/2 cup(s) chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 1-1/2 cup(s) celery (4-5 stalks)
- 3-4 leaves fresh sage
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme leaves removed
- 1 tablespoon(s) seasoning blend (or poultry seasoning)
- 4 clove(s) garlic, peeled, smashed, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 green pepper, chopped finely
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 8x8 pan prepared cornbread
- 8 slice(s) gluten free bread, crumbled
- 2+ cup(s) chicken stock
- dash(es) cayenne pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- First, prepare gluten-free basic cornbread.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and celery and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add sage, thyme, all-purpose or poultry seasoning blend, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine and continue to cook until veggies are soft and wilted, about 5 more minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large glass bowl, add crumbled cornbread and gluten-free bread, about equal parts of each. This was about 8 slices of bread for us, but could vary slightly based upon what bread you are using. Gluten-free bread should be slightly dry, so if it’s very moist, leave it out, uncovered for a few hours.
- Add veggie/herb mix and stir to combine. Add chicken broth slowly, starting with 1-2 cups and then adding a little at a time until a slightly soupy consistency is reached. You want it slushy, not with standing liquid. If there is not enough liquid, the finished dressing will be dry; if there is too much liquid, it will be mushy. So aim for slightly soupy and you’ll be set.
- Add a dash (or two) of cayenne. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Add eggs and mix well.
- Pour into a buttered 9×13 casserole dish, and bake, covered with foil, for about 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake, uncovered for another 15-20 minutes, or until top is golden brown and a butter knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the dressing.
- Remove from oven and let rest for a few minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by asil00 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Gluten Free Cornbread Dressing (Stuffing) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads
More Recipes for Main Dishes