Gluten Free Chicken and Jerky Skillet
This gluten free skillet chicken recipe takes just minutes to prepare and cook, and the jerky gives it lots of unique and interesting flavor. I usually serve this dish with hot cooked rice or rice noodles.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 oz bag(s) Blue Ox Gluten Free Jerky (turkey or beef) chopped
- 4 chicken breasts (non injected)
- 3 tablespoon(s) Gluten Free Brown Rice Flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Green oninions chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) GF chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley minced
- Pound the chicken until thinned and even in thickness, about 1/2-inch thick - they cook faster. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and dust lightly with brown rice flour.
- Put 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. When the butter is foamy, add the chicken breasts and diced jerky. Cook the chicken for about 4 minutes on each side, until nicely browned.
- Remove the chicken to a plate, leaving the jerky and add the green onions and garlic to the skillet. Cook, stirring, for about 1 minute, until onion is softened. Remove the onion mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- Return the chicken to the skillet. Add chicken broth to the skillet and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove the cover, add the onion/jerky mixture and continue cooking for 1 minute. With a slotted spoon, remove the chicken and jerky/onion mixture to a serving dish. Stir the sour cream into the remaining liquid, cooking and stirring just until hot and well blended. Do not allow sauce to boil.
- Pile the jerky and onions on top of the chicken and then pour the sauce over the top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BlueOx and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note