Good, moist banana bread. My daughter who has gluten allergies gives this four stars. We made it without the walnuts but everybody loved it.
Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 35 Minutes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed, very ripe bananas (about 4)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Pour 1 cup boiling water over dates in a small bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. Lightly beat eggs with a whisk in a large bowl. Whisk in bananas and next 3 ingredients until blended.
- 3. Stir together brown rice flour and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Gently stir flour mixture into egg mixture, stirring just until blended. Gently stir in melted butter, walnuts, and dates. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads