- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts
- 1 (16-ounce) package baby carrots
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole baby corn, drained
How to Make It
Remove outer leaves from brussels sprouts. Trim stem ends, and cut a shallow X on bottoms.
Steam brussels sprouts and carrots in a steamer basket over boiling water 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Cook brown sugar and next 3 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until mixture begins to caramelize.
Add onion; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until onion is glazed and tender. Add brussels sprouts, carrots, and baby corn; cook, stirring gently, 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.