Glazed Sweet Potatoes
- 6 medium-size sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine sweet potatoes and water to cover in a large Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and peel; slice potatoes lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place potatoes in a large skillet, and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; stir until butter melts. Remove from heat; pour honey mixture over potatoes. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 20 minutes, basting often with honey mixture. Transfer potatoes to a warm serving platter; spoon honey mixture over potatoes. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note