Is that supposed to be 1/ 2 cup almond flour?
Glazed Strawberry Tart
Really show off this tart on special occasions...drizzle it with melted chocolate or dust it with powdered sugar!
Yield: serves 8
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and halved
- Optional: whipped topping
- Garnish: whole strawberry
- Combine flour, almonds, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 forks until mixture is crumbly. Whisk together egg and almond extract in another bowl; add to flour mixture, stirring until dough forms. Shape into a flattened ball; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Place dough in center of a greased and floured baking sheet. Pat into a 10-inch circle; form a 3/4-inch-high rim around the outside edges. Prick bottom of dough with a fork; bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden. Cool 10 minutes on baking sheet on a wire rack; remove crust from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
- Heat jam and lemon juice in a small saucepan over low heat unti spreadable; spread 1/2 cup jam mixture over crust. Arrange berry halves on top, cut-sides down; brush with remaining jam mixture. Serve with whipped topping and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note