Glazed Shrimp Kabobs
Substitute one 20-ounce can pineapple chunks in juice, drained, for fresh pineapple, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 kabobs)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 201
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 20.5g
- Carbohydrate: 23.6g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 187mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 313mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled large fresh shrimp
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup no-sugar-added all-fruit apricot spread
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- Cooking spray
- 1. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact, if desired. Thread shrimp and pineapple alternately onto 8 (12-inch) skewers; set aside.
- 2. Preheat broiler.
- 3. Spoon apricot spread into a medium bowl; chop any large chunks of apricot, if desired. Add rice vinegar and next 3 ingredients, and stir well. Divide apricot mixture in half; reserve half of mixture.
- 4. Place kabobs on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Brush kabobs with apricot mixture; broil 3 minutes. Turn kabobs over, and brush with apricot mixture. Broil an additional 3 minutes or until done. Brush with reserved apricot mixture before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes