The glaze was wonderful, cous cous a bit bland, but if you had a bite of cous cous with a bite of salmon it was fine.
Glazed Salmon with Couscous
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 467
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Protein: 42g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 455mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Bring 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and couscous; cover. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in dill, rind, and juice.
- 3. Heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and butter; swirl until butter melts. Add shallots; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add wine to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes; stir in mustard and brown sugar. Remove pan from heat.
- 4. Arrange fillets, skin sides down, on a jelly-roll pan lined with foil coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle fillets with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread half of mustard mixture evenly over fillets. Broil 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Spread remaining half of mustard mixture over fillets. Serve fish with couscous.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note