- 1/4 cup water
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
How to Make It
Bring 1/4 cup water and 2 tablespoons butter to a boil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add rutabaga, stirring to coat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until slightly tender. Drain.
Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium heat; stir in brown sugar and next 4 ingredients. Add rutabaga, stirring to coat. Cook, stirring often, 8 minutes.