- 1/2 cup lite teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed and undiluted
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4-pound) whole chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
Stir together first 4 ingredients; reserve half of mixture.
Cut chicken in half, and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Place chicken in a large freezer bag, and pour half of teriyaki mixture over chicken; seal bag, and chill 8 hours, turning chicken, if desired.
Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Place chicken, skin side up, on an aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
Bake at 450° for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into chicken thigh registers 180°. Brush with reserved teriyaki mixture.