Glazed Pork Ribs with Horseradish Apple Slaw
Photo: John Kernick
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 469
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 154mg
- Sodium: 846mg
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 43g
- 3 pounds baby-back pork ribs
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 head napa or green cabbage, shredded (4 cups)
- 2 crisp apples (such as Braeburn or Granny Smith), cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1 bunch scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- Heat grill to medium. Season the ribs with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place on grill, cover, and cook 20 to 25 minutes, turning often, until cooked through and tender.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the Worcestershire, mustard, and brown sugar. Baste the ribs with the sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, horseradish, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the cabbage, apples, and scallions and toss. Cut the ribs apart, divide among plates, and serve with the slaw.
Shortcut: If you're pressed for time, use pork chops, which require just 12 minutes of cooking. Turn them only once.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes