Glazed Pork Ribs with Horseradish Apple Slaw
Photo: John Kernick
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 469
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 154mg
- Sodium: 846mg
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 43g
- 3 pounds baby-back pork ribs
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 head napa or green cabbage, shredded (4 cups)
- 2 crisp apples (such as Braeburn or Granny Smith), cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1 bunch scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- Heat grill to medium. Season the ribs with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place on grill, cover, and cook 20 to 25 minutes, turning often, until cooked through and tender.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the Worcestershire, mustard, and brown sugar. Baste the ribs with the sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, horseradish, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the cabbage, apples, and scallions and toss. Cut the ribs apart, divide among plates, and serve with the slaw.
Shortcut: If you're pressed for time, use pork chops, which require just 12 minutes of cooking. Turn them only once.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note