Glazed Pork with Fresh Plums
A quick meal doesn't have to start with the drive-thru. This savory-sweet meal of Glazed Pork with Fresh Plums is to the table in just 30 minutes.
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 2 (1 1/4-lb.) pork tenderloins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large red onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium plums, quartered
- 3 tablespoons white or regular balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons plum preserves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Cook in hot oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Add onion and plums. Bake 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 145°.
- 2. Transfer pork, onion, and plums to a serving platter, reserving drippings in skillet. Cover pork loosely with aluminum foil, and let stand 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, stir vinegar and preserves into drippings; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in thyme. Pour over pork and plum mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note