Glazed Polenta With Hot Berry Jam
This delicious polenta recipe is sweet enough to be dessert. Don't skip the step when you broil the brown sugar; it creates the perfect crispy topping.
More From Health
- Calories: 148
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 140mg
- Calcium: 74mg
- 1 1/3 cups frozen blueberries or raspberries
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 5 ounces polenta, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1. Divide berries evenly among 4 (4-ounce) small bowls or ramekins. Sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar; set aside.
- 2. Combine polenta and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook 5 minutes or until smooth and hot, stirring with a whisk. Remove polenta mixture from heat; stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt.
- 3. Preheat broiler.
- 4. Divide polenta mixture over fruit in bowls; sprinkle 1 teaspoon brown sugar over each bowl. Place bowls on a baking sheet. Broil 1 minute or until sugar melts. Let stand before serving.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 19g.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note