Glazed Pearl Onions and Baby Carrots
Pretty, easy, and excellent with meat. Prep and Cook Time: about 30 minutes. Notes: MeMe Pederson adds these pretty little vegetables to the plate only as a garnish. If you'd like to serve it as a side dish, triple the recipe.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 36
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Protein: 0.5g
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 5.5g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sodium: 108mg
- Cholesterol: 3.9mg
- 36 baby carrots with tops
- 10 ounce red pearl onions
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, peel carrots and trim tops to 1/2 in.
- 2. Boil onions 3 minutes; drain and cool in a large bowl of cold water until no longer warm. Cut off their root ends and peel them (often they'll just pop right out of their skins).
- 3. In a large nonstick frying pan, combine onions, carrots, sugar, butter, salt, and enough water to come about halfway up vegetables. Cover and cook over medium-high heat, 5 minutes.
- 4. Uncover and cook, stirring frequently, until onions and carrots start to brown and are tender-crisp, 5 to 10 minutes longer.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note