Glazed Peaches in Phyllo Baskets with Ricotta Cream
This delightful dessert is stunning enough to serve at a dinner party but simple enough to prepare as an everyday treat. The pastry baskets can be made a few days ahead and stored in an airtight container at room temperature. Substitute various in-season fruits to make this dish other times of the year. Grind the nuts in a mini food processor or a spice or coffee grinder.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 264
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 42.9g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 201mg
- Calcium: 93mg
- 1/2 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted and ground
- 6 (18 x 14-inch) sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups chopped peeled ripe peaches
- 1/2 cup apple jelly, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Place ricotta, 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Cover and chill.
- Combine 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and hazelnuts. Stack 2 phyllo sheets on a large cutting board or work surface (cover remaining sheets to prevent drying); brush with half of butter. Sprinkle phyllo stack with half of hazelnut mixture. Repeat procedure with 2 phyllo sheets, remaining butter, and remaining hazelnut mixture. Top with remaining 2 phyllo sheets. Gently press phyllo layers together. Lightly coat top phyllo sheet with cooking spray. Cut stack into 6 (7 x 6-inch) rectangles. Carefully place 1 layered rectangle into each of 6 (8-ounce) ramekins coated with cooking spray. Gently press rectangles into ramekins to form baskets (phyllo will extend about 1 inch over tops of ramekins). Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake at 350º for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Cool in ramekins on a wire rack. Carefully remove phyllo baskets from ramekins.
- Just before serving, spread about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture into the bottom of each phyllo basket. Combine peaches and melted jelly, tossing to coat. Spoon about 1/2 cup peach mixture into each phyllo cup. Sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note