Glazed Orange Beets
Yield: Makes 3 to 4 servings
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups orange juice
- 4 medium beets, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Bring 2 1/2 cups water and orange juice to a boil over high heat. Add beet strips, and cook 20 minutes or until tender. Drain beets.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; add brown sugar, salt, and nutmeg, stirring until blended. Pour mixture over beet strips. Prep: 25 min., Cook: 35 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables