- 1/2 recipe Whole Wheat Pizza Crust dough
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons light process cream cheese
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- calories 344
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- fat 9.8 g
- satfat 3.9 g
- monofat 2.6 g
- polyfat 2.2 g
- protein 12.9 g
- carbohydrate 52.5 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 15 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 550 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Pat dough into a 12-inch pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° on bottom rack of oven for 5 minutes.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 2 minutes or until tender. Add brown sugar; cook 1 minute, stirring well. Add wine and vinegar; cover and cook 2 minutes. Uncover and cook 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat; stir in apple, salt, and red pepper. Set aside.
Combine milk and cornstarch in a small saucepan; stir well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; add cream cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Let cool.
Spread cream cheese mixture over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Spoon apple mixture over cream cheese mixture. Bake at 425° on bottom rack of oven for 12 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Sprinkle with blue cheese and walnuts. Bake 5 additional minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.