Glazed Lemon Loaf Cake
The sweetness and texture of this cake are similar to those of a traditional pound cake.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 205
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 3.9g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 166mg
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Calcium: 55mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 (8-ounce) carton plain fat-free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat bottom and sides of an 8-inch loaf pan with cooking spray; dust with 1 tablespoon flour, discarding any excess flour. Set aside.
- Spoon 1 3/4 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat butter, sugar, lemon rind, vanilla, egg, and egg whites with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add flour mixture, alternately with yogurt and beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat well after each addition. Pour into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 350° for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Place cake on wire rack.
- Stir together 3 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice. Spoon mixture over hot cake. Cool 20 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings