Glazed Lamb Chops
Yield: 6 main-dish servings or 18 appetizer servings
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 18 (2- to 3-ounce) lamb rib chops*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Whisk together first 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Pour mixture into a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag, reserving 1/4 cup; add lamb chops. Seal bag, and chill 2 hours.
- Remove chops from marinade, discarding marinade. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place chops on a lightly greased rack in a broiler pan.
- Stir together reserved 1/4 cup wine mixture and honey.
- Broil chops 3 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness, basting with honey mixture after 3 minutes.
- * 12 loin chops may be substituted for rib chops. Broil loin chops 3 more minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes