Glazed Ham with Blackberry Sauce
Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 2 1/2 hours.
Yield: 16 servings plus leftovers (serving size: about 4 ounces ham and 3 tablespoons sauce).
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 337
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 143mg
- Calcium: 14mg
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2/3 cup seedless blackberry jam
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8- to 9-pound) smoked, bone-in ham shank, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup seedless blackberry jam
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. To prepare ham, combine 2 tablespoons mustard, sugar, 2/3 cup jam, and pepper in a small bowl; spread half of jam mixture over ham. Place ham on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; insert a thermometer into thickest portion of ham. Bake at 350° for 2 1/2 hours or until thermometer registers 160°, basting with remaining jam mixture occasionally.
- 3. To prepare the sauce, combine the cider and wine in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Stir in 1 cup jam and 1 tablespoon mustard. Reduce heat to low, and cook until jam dissolves, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and stir in juice. Serve with ham.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes