The blending of flavors is truly yummy. We tried to half this recipe and should have used 1/2 the size of pan also. We would make this a lot more if someone would come peel the acorn squash. We served this as a side to sloppy joes and also think it would be great with roast chicken.
Glazed Fall Vegetables
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 large russet potato
- 1/2 pound baby carrots
- 1 acorn squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup sorghum
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Place potato slices, carrots, and squash in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Stir together sugar and next 6 ingredients. Drizzle over potato mixture, tossing to coat.
- Bake, covered, at 425° for 30 minutes. Uncover and gently stir vegetables. Bake 15 or 20 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables