- 2 sweet potatoes (about 2 lb.)
- 1 medium-size baking potato (8 oz.)
- 1 medium-size acorn squash (about 2 lb.)
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt to taste
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Peel sweet potatoes and baking potato; cut into 1-inch cubes. Halve, peel, and seed acorn squash; cut into 1-inch cubes. Combine potatoes, squash, and carrots in a large bowl.
Stir together brown sugar, maple syrup, and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl; pour over vegetable mixture, and toss well. Pour into a lightly greased roasting pan.
Bake at 425° for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, stirring every 20 minutes. Season with salt to taste.