- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 large russet potato
- 1/2 pound baby carrots
- 1 acorn squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup sorghum
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make It
Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Place potato slices, carrots, and squash in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Stir together sugar and next 6 ingredients. Drizzle over potato mixture, tossing to coat.
Bake, covered, at 425° for 30 minutes. Uncover and gently stir vegetables. Bake 15 or 20 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.